Tortilla de bacalao -cod omelette-, bacalao con pimientos -cod and peppers-, grilled steak, Idiazabal cheese together with local, handmade quince jelly and walnuts… and natural cider, from our barrels. In our sidrerías you usually sit in a long bench and share the place with the rest of the people, so the atmosphere is great. Natural cider is fresh, tasty drink, not strong at all. In cider bars in the Basque Country you just pay a ticket at the entrance -around 7€- and drink as much cider as you like.
There are seven cider bars here in Goierri. The cider season goes from January to April, but in Goierri most of them are open all year round.
– Aulia cider house*, in Legorreta: they produce around 125,000 litres of cider. They have their own apple crop.
– Otatza cider house, in Zerain: they have an outdoor restaurant and they produce their own cider.
– Oiharte cider house, in Zerain: Eguren family has been producing their own cider for generations. They do tours and tastings. They’re also a farmhouse where you can stay!
– Tximista cider house, in Ordizia: they have 14 barrels and produce 4,000 cider bottles.
– Urbitarte cider house, in Ataun: Demetrio Terradillos has an excellent touch on grilled fish and meat. Come try and take a walk through Aralar Natural Park, or enjoy our mythology in Barandiaran Museum.
– Etxe Zuri cider house, in Olaberria: their specialty is barbecued ribs.
– Olagi cider house – farmhouse, in Altzaga: they have some wooden barrels in the dining area and an adjoining warehouse where they keep the steel barrels.
Explore other plans
PLAN YOUR trip Either coming by yourself, with your partner, family or friends, in Goierri there is a plan for you. We help you organise your trip through suggested routes, historical and mythological …
A FULL VALLEY OF Culture Pre-history men, mythological beings, kings and princes, malefactors and traders, travelers and pilgrims have crossed Goierri through History. Its strategic location connecting Europe to Castile make Goierri …
NATURAL AND REMARKABLE LIKE ITS gastronomy We’re certain you will only taste the highest quality in our products… but we'll let you see for yourself: Idiazabal cheese, local cider, Beasain’s sausage, Zaldibia’s …
TAKE A BREATH OF Nature Basque history and culture have always been surrounded by nature. A perfect match for those who love natural environments and mountain tourism. Goierri is the only region …
IN ITS PURE STATE Sports Goierri is all about competition and challenge. You will get to see locations that are the real settings of some of the most popular mountain races in …
WE'LL HELP YOU PLAN
Get to know Euskadi’s highlands
Though you are in the land of Idiazabal cheese, get ready to find some other delicious local products that you can only eat here in Goierri! Try Beasain’s morcillas, very …
When you hear someone shouting txotx! don’t think twice: get up and follow the queue to get yourself some natural cider directly served from the barrell -kupela-.
Goierri Gastronomika is a gastronomic club with just one principle: any product on your table must be the highest quality!
Ordizia's Market is the reference when it comes to agriculture in Euskadi. Every Wednesday, producers and buyers meet around thousands of organic, local products from caseríos of the region.
Choose the ingredients in our market, with the help of a local chef.
"As old as Euskal Herria, as ancient as its essence, as generous as its men”. Know everything about Idiazabal cheese, taste it and learn how to recognise it!
Enjoy this cheese trail through the villages of Idiazabal, Segura and Ordizia.
Take your chance of tasting Txakoli and Idiazabal with the popular chef Iban Mate while you’re visiting Goierri.