Tortilla de bacalao -cod omelette-, bacalao con pimientos -cod and peppers-, grilled steak, Idiazabal cheese together with local, handmade quince jelly and walnuts… and natural cider, from our barrels. In our sidrerías you usually sit in a long bench and share the place with the rest of the people, so the atmosphere is great. Natural cider is fresh, tasty drink, not strong at all. In cider bars in the Basque Country you just pay a ticket at the entrance -around 7€- and drink as much cider as you like.
There are five cider bars here in Goierri. The cider season goes from January to April, but in Goierri most of them are open all year round.
– Begiristain cider house*, in Legorreta: they produce around 125,000 litres of cider. They have their own apple crop.
– Oiharte cider house, in Zerain: Eguren family has been producing their own cider for generations. They do tours and tastings. They’re also a farmhouse where you can stay!
– Tximista cider house, in Ordizia: they have 14 barrels and produce 4,000 cider bottles.
– Urbitarte cider house, in Ataun: Demetrio Terradillos has an excellent touch on grilled fish and meat. Come try and take a walk through Aralar Natural Park, or enjoy our mythology in Barandiaran Museum.
– Olagi cider house – farmhouse, in Altzaga: they have some wooden barrels in the dining area and an adjoining warehouse where they keep the steel barrels.