If you want to practice orienteering as a game and a sport, come to Segura and/or Zegama. There are six circuits with several levels of difficulty for everyone to enjoy. The starting point is located on Ardixarra House in Segura and in Parketxe de Anduetza in Zegama.
Different colours for each circuit:
Circuits in Segura:
· The yellow circuit is the easiest one, with 10 markers, mainly designed for young children (7-8). Kids will enjoy a safe limited area where parents can keep an eye on them or even join the game and play along. The circuit can be done in 30 minutes. Download map.
· The orange circuit has 13 markers. Anyone in good shape to hike can do this circuit. The circuit can be done in 1 hour. Download map.
· The red circuit is the longest and most complete, with 16 markers. The circuit can be done in one hour and a half. Download map.
Circuits in Zegama:
· The yellow circuit is the easiest one, with 10 markers, mainly designed for young children (7-8). Kids will enjoy a safe limited area where parents can keep an eye on them or even join the game and play along. Download map.
· The orange circuit has 14 markers. Anyone in good shape to hike can do this circuit. Download map.
· The red circuit is the longest and most complete, with 15 markers. Download map.
Green Way Mutiloa-Ormaiztegi
The Green Road is another good hike for families. It has a didactic game of a route that combines orienteering, hiking and a lot of fun.
This route is a circular trail, also suitable for the Nordic walking technique. You and your kids will get the map and a pencil from the tourist office in Ormaiztegi, which is inside the Zumalacárregui Museum. To complete the game, you need to answer questions about the 10 marks in the circuit correctly. The questions are about nature, the environment, and mining.
If you prefer a more relaxed trip, enjoy the recreational areas for breakfast, lunch, some reading, or anything you want. There are 10 areas in Goierri, some of them in the mountains and the rest in urban areas, with different facilities.
Please keep in mind:
– do not leave trash behind. Place it in the containers located in the recreational facilities. If fire is allowed, be extra careful, you could start a widespread fire.
– if you need to barbecue or grill, do it in the grills placed for that purpose, and always turn it off before leaving.
– respect the area. Flowers and trees should not be damaged. Animals should not be disturbed.
– leave your car in the parking areas