The town’s iconic laminated steel viaduct was opened in 1864 and weighs 18,000 tonnes. There is a difference in vault levels of 34 metres, and it’s 289 metres long in total. Its location imbued it with strategic value: the railway joining Irún and Madrid crossed this viaduct, so it became a connecting point between the port of Pasaia, Aragón and Castilla. It operated until July of 1995, when it was replaced by a concrete structure placed parallel to the viaduct.
Tourist Office Ormaiztegi
• March-October: Tuesday – Saturday and public holidays 10:00 – 14:00 / 16:00 – 19:00 | Sunday 10:00 – 14:00
• November-February: Tuesday – Friday and Sunday 10:00 – 14:00 | Saturday and public holidays 10:00 – 14:00 / 16:00 – 19:00
• Closed: every Monday 1st and 6th of January, 1st of May and 30th of November
Languages: Euskera, Castellano, English, Français
• Normal: 3 €
• Groups (5 or more people): 2 €
• Reduced fare: 1,5 € (students, groups, pensioners, unemployed people, members of Kulturgune Bastero Andoain, members of Nekatur, eusko ikaskuntza and hirukide)
• Guided tour: 1€
• Free: every Thursday.
Address: Caserío Iriarte Erdikoa, Muxika egurastokia 6
Phone: 943 88 99 00
PLAN YOUR trip
Accommodation & where to eat
Bowling is a long practiced game in Goierri, where you will find out their tradition and how fun it can be.
Do you know what is a green way? Come with your family and enjoy a pleasant walk enlivened by a nice game to have fun with family!
Do you want to know the orientation game? Come to Segura and Zegama and have fun with your family and friends!
Welcoming hotel located in a privileged site of Ordizia, a medieval village with 750 years of history
We propose 6 routes of different difficulty to discover the Basque Highlands
Do you like beer? Come meet us and try our craft beer!