2 h 30 min
Acces to Aldaola-Ubier parking to leave your car.
During your walk, you will see:
1. San Adrián tunnel. A magical and historical place.
2. San Adrián’s hermitage. It’s actually inside the tunnel!
3. Medieval causeway. It used to connect Castilla to the coast during the Middle Ages. It is part of the Camino de Santiago.
4. Santo Cristo de Aizkorri’s shelter and hermitage. Only 10 metres from the top, you will find this shelter and the hermitage. Spend the night there, if you need. From here you can easily get to the top of Aizkorri.
5. Top of Aizkorri. Excellent views from the highest peak in Euskadi. Not in actual height (Aitxuri is the highest peak, 23 metres higher than Aizkorri) but in popularity.
6. Sancti Spiritu’s hermitage. Go down the road that faces Aizkorri. History gives its origin to the Templars, which isn’t odd odd if we consider the location. Being a low-profile hermitage nowadays, only visited by shepherds and some travellers, it does not look like it belonged to the Military Order.
how to get there
Explore other plans
KNOW OUR Horse riding Our wide territory allows us the possibility of carrying out innumerable activities and among them, the horse riding. Either in a closed place or doing routes and excursions, …
TAKE A BREATH OF Nature Basque history and culture have always been surrounded by nature. A perfect match for those who love natural environments and mountain tourism. Goierri is the only region …
IN ITS PURE STATE Sports Goierri is all about competition and challenge. You will get to see locations that are the real settings of some of the most popular mountain races in …
PLAN YOUR trip Either coming by yourself, with your partner, family or friends, in Goierri there is a plan for you. We help you organise your trip through suggested routes, historical and mythological …
A FULL VALLEY OF Culture Pre-history men, mythological beings, kings and princes, malefactors and traders, travelers and pilgrims have crossed Goierri through History. Its strategic location connecting Europe to Castile make Goierri …
NATURAL AND REMARKABLE LIKE ITS gastronomy We’re certain you will only taste the highest quality in our products… but we'll let you see for yourself: Idiazabal cheese, local cider, Beasain’s sausage, Zaldibia’s …
WE'LL HELP YOU PLAN
Get to know Euskadi’s highlands
Explore one of our passions: the mountain. In Goierri we celebrate 2 trail races known around the world: Zegama-Aizkorri marathon and Ehunmillak ultra-trail (held together with G2H and Marimurumendi marathon …
This is a circular route where you can enjoy two of the biggest pleasures in Goierri: Idiazabal cheese and the mountains! It is an initiative promoted by the Department of …
True horse lover? IBUR Caserío IBUR is a horse-riding club with professional instructors offering a wide range of activities for adults and kids!
In Alarpe horse riding school we carry out outings and courses throughout the year
Bowling is a long practiced game in Goierri, where you will find out their tradition and how fun it can be.
The "Parketxe Lizarrusti" is the Aralar Nature Park Interpretation Centre. In this centre, you can receive information about resources of the Natural Park. In addition to the information point, they …
The North route to Santiago de Compostela and San Adrián’s tunnel have both been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. What’s the story of this tunnel that makes it such …
The hike takes place between the villages of Olaberria and Idiazabal, and their caseríos. Olaberria, known as Goierri’s Balcony, is a small village in the hillocks.
Passionate about mountain bike? Get to know the rural side of Euskadi in a whole different way!
Our region is very suitable for organising fun and educational activities for kids. The natural parks of Aizkorri-Aratz and Aralar make Goierri the best known in rural tourism and nature …
Get to know the village of Gaintza with this suggested route. Get a magnificent view of Txindoki and see the caseríos around!
Meet the most popular peak in the Basque Country: the Aizkorri. To get to the summit, we recommend leaving your car in the parking area located under San Adrián’s tunnel. …
There is a bike lane -bidegorri- connecting the towns in the valley. You can also reach the ones inside the mountains. It is incredible how people love cycling here! Some …
Practice sport climbing in Ataun! Come see our walls, there are 250 lines open, several levels of difficulty, and our group of instructors eager to meet you.